Meeting Location: Leadenhall Market
Date: Sunday 26th October 2014
Meeting Time: 12:00 noon onwards
Facebook Event: http://on.fb.me/1D7m3Wk
You know the drill by now. I'm returning to my favourite city (and I've been to a fair few!) to photograph the sites, sounds and oddities of one of Europe's most cosmopolitan cities. The melting pots of culture that is London!
You, the camera and the big city and of course the company of some incredibly talented other photographers. What could be better?
Also, I'm not sure if you noticed, but you'll be charged a grand total of £0 for this event. Come on! Come and meet fellow photographers and have some fun.
- Meeting at Leadenhall Market at 12:00 we'll start with the usual meet and greet.
- The nearest tube Stops are probably Monument, Bank, Tower Hill or Aldgate depending on your direction of travel
- We'll stay at Leadenhall for a short while, even though the area will be relatively quiet on a Sunday.
- A few minutes from Leadenhall are some fantastic building such as 'The Gherkin' and other impressive architecture.
- From the Market Area we'll head East towards the Tower of London, where they currently have the installation of thousands of ceramic poppies on display (more information here)
- After a short while we'll then head back West, walking adjacent to the River towards London Bridge, where we'll cross over to the South of the River.
- This will leave us in view of The Shard and just a stones throw from Borough Market, where depending on the time may well be our first stop for refreshments at Brew Wharf (very close to Borough Market. If the pace has been fast and the group want to continue, we may carry on and stop elsewhere for drinks a short while further into the route
- After a short break we'll head towards Shakespeare's Globe and the Millennium Bridge, where we will cross over to once again find ourselves North of the River
- At the North end of the Millennium Bridge we'll be able to get some post card shots of St Paul's Cathedral.
- If by the time we are at St. Paul's and we haven't stopped we can head towards the Blackfriar - a very well known pub just north of Blackfriars Bridge. From here we can head south over the bridge.
- From here we'll be able to walk past / through the OXO tower building along the river.
- We're now heading towards South Bank, and a little further on from that will the London Eye.
- The walk will most likely end here, but if we find we've marched and people want to continue I have an extended route I can take you, including Big Ben Downing Street, Horse Guards, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, China Town, Covent Garden, and much more. But this extended route is possibly not for the feint of heart :)
What Can you Learn?
Everything or Nothing. It's up to you. Come along for fun or come along to learn - this is a free event for all skill levels. If you would like to learn the art of approaching strangers for street portraits there will be an opportunity to learn from me the way I am successfully able to make portraits time and time again.
Alternatively, if Candid street photography is your thing I can help you look for moments, stories, faces and of course - the light!
Whatever your reason for coming along, there will be something for everyone. Fun guaranteed!
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday 26th October 2014
Confirm your attendance
To confirm that you'll me for joining this event please complete the form below. Further details and contact information for the day shall then be sent to you.
Alternatively, come and join the Ready Steady Pro Facebook Community and use the Facebook Event to stay up to date with the details of the event.
Looking forward to meeting you and making some great photographs!