For Episode 5 the wonderful Lel Hurst stepped up to the mic for her very first one-to-one interview. I went back through my notes for this episode, which read: "Today our guest is Lel Hurst of LelHurst.com Despite being very, very, very (very), nervous Lel smashed this interview right out of the park. Lel was open and honest and shared some very personal things that have happened to her during her journey into her photographic career to date."
Lel gave a fantastic interview and was fantastically candid. Looking back now It's clear to see why Lel's episode was so popular; Lel was in a position that resonated so well with so many other photographers out there who were just so keen and driven to make a successful business.
In Episode 5 we talk about:
- How Lel believes in training
- How Lel’s confidence has grown, and grown over the years and the impact this has had on her as a businesswoman
- Shooting all the time has helped Lel to hone her craft
- Supportive partners and family members
- Lel admits that she see’s faces…in everything and anything (even handbags!)
- We also touch on the business side of things ofcourse and discuss setting milestones, targets & goals to keep yourself on target and focussed.
This interview was recorded back in October 2013 and Lel has developed and grown in the past 3 years, naturally.
- Lel has kindly left us with a Gem for today: Go and check out Aspire’s Webinar Series Online: http://www.aspirephotographytraining.co.uk/courses.php
- Michael mentioned The Soul Society – the Charitable Organisation of Melissa & Jerry Ghionis. Please, donate generously today. It’s only takes $10.
Show Notes / Links
- The Guild of Photographers
- Stephen Cotterell
- Aspire Training
- Grumpy Bag
- The Soul Society
- Jerry Ghionis
- Rob Grimes
- The Ready, Steady Pro Facebook Group
Guests featured in this Episode
- Michael Rammell
- Lel Hurst